Friday, February 3, 2012

14 Days of Pink: Red Hearts on Neutral

I admit, I love this manicure. It reminds me of my mom. Many years ago when I was fairly young, my mom took a folk art painting class. She learned to paint (I always thought she painted so well!) among other things, the "Dolly Parton heart". On a few of her projects, I was put on Heart detail--it was my job to paint the hearts.  Here's how to paint a Dolly Parton heart: paint two dots with a dotting tool (he he, like...er... you know) and then drag some of the paint down for the heart point. Easy peasy!
Red Hearts on a lovely neutral
My husband picked up this pretty China Glaze as a surprise for me last week. The application is a little tricky, but I love the color (China Glaze's Heaven). Simple, but fun for Valentine's Day!
China Glaze Heaven and Wet n Wild Wild Shine in Red Red, dotting tool

1 comment: